Something is horribly wrong

Her crop is totally empty. Nothing. I've seen and smelled sour crop before, and she doesn't fit the bill.

As for lash egg- I'm not entirely sure what that is?

Regardless- she seems to be fading. She's laying on a towel, head forward on the ground, eyes closed, salivating a little. When I gave her 1/2 a tum, she jerked a little, but that was it. I think the best I can do now is make her comfortable. :(

It's possible. I feel a large mass between her legs, and when In squeeze it, part of the uterus balloons out the vent. How would I go about treating this without causing her more pain?

It might have been sour crop. When I went out to sit with her IO found her crop had a small amount of fluid, and managed to make her vomit a small amount of thick, yeast-like fluid. Maybe she was starving herself because of the sour crop, and that's why I couldn't recognize it.

Regardless, it was too late to try anything else. She just passed away. I knew things didn't look good for her, but I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore.

Despite the outcome- thanks to everyone for your thoughts and help. I knew there was a very small chance she'd live from the way she was behaving, but thanks for trying your best to help. She isn't suffering anymore- she had a good life, ate lots of grass, and saw sunshine. That's more than most chickens can say.

It might have been sour crop. When I went out to sit with her IO found her crop had a small amount of fluid, and managed to make her vomit a small amount of thick, yeast-like fluid. Maybe she was starving herself because of the sour crop, and that's why I couldn't recognize it.

Regardless, it was too late to try anything else. She just passed away. I knew things didn't look good for her, but I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore.

Despite the outcome- thanks to everyone for your thoughts and help. I knew there was a very small chance she'd live from the way she was behaving, but thanks for trying your best to help. She isn't suffering anymore- she had a good life, ate lots of grass, and saw sunshine. That's more than most chickens can say.
hugs.gif
very sorry, its always hard to know, they hide their illnesses very well

if you really want to know you could have a necropsy done, or do one yourself

I'd rather just let her be. I think it was a case of sour crop that went on too long, and that she grew too weak. Hard to tell, but I'd rather just let her be. :(

I'm so very Sorry to hear that.
1f61f.png
1f62d.png
I went online searching for the side effects u described and was seeing if it was treatable but I found nothing. Sorry. May she rest in peace.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

Back
Top Bottom