something is wrong with my chicks :(

gapeach717

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North, ga
I see pics of everyone else's chicks that are my chicks age and they all look HUGE compared to mine. They eat great, I know their ages, and get lots of play and treats and sleep....but for some reason they all look tiny in comparison on here.....

I am worried mine are all weaklings?

anyone else having this issue looking at pics of other chicks vs your own?

All chicks grow at different rates. But, get us some pics and we can help calm your fears.

1. What type of feed are they on?
A. Percentage?
2. What size is the brooder ( not that it really matters, they don't 'grow to fit' )
3. What breeds?
4. Are they feathering in normally?

Those are my main questions for now. I have some overly huge BA and EE chicks right now and I've NEVER seen a batch grow so fast. They're 2lbs at 10 weeks.

Yep, all chicks are usually different. Our first ones stayed small until they started laying, the second batch just blew up from a very young age. They were enormous. :p At first I thought the chicks I'd bought were a few days old, turns out they were at least two weeks old. That caused a bit of confusion, although I suppose if you hatched the eggs yourself or something it wouldn't be a problem.

i have a few different kinds, polish, EEs, BR, still one i have no idea on, ect...but I keep looking in the gender area of the board and it sems like the chicks that are posted all look massive compared to mine.

the brooder is a 42" dog crate with roosts and toys and pine shavings, food is the chick starter crumbles from TSC, along with some chick grit here and there bc of snacks. (tomatoes, corn, crackers, ect)

they *seem* to be feathering normally....but just not as much as others I have seen.

I hate to have to post a million pics bc of being over worried, I dont want to bore people, lol, but I am just nervous I got the runts of GA, lol!

Back
Top Bottom