Something is Wrong with my hen "Hawk"

Well let me think we are in the process of building a new coop, and my husband did paint it. Also we are tearing down our roof putting new shingles on. Could anything like that be the possibilty...

Where we are building the coop it was a garbage place. I guess the previous couple of owners, back in the days, built this giant hole and they would dump garbage in it then burying it. We have dug out soo much crap from the ground before we started building the coop. I have notice even though the coop isn't done, all the chickens and were talking about a lot of chickens. Would go into the uncompletely coop and take dirt baths because the soil is sooo rich. We have pull out anything you can think of mainly shingles, nails, metal siding just about anything. Hawk did take her babies in there.. I'm so afraid that it's something else though. I haven't seen any other chickens become sick yet. about a week ago though we did get some new chickens in. I was sooooo worried that they brought something to my flock... No one else had gotten sick yet and seem to be doing pretty good. I think I will isolate each chicken each night, to make sure there poop is normal and anyone that is abnormal isolate them... I'm soo worried about my entire flock slowly dying.... THAT WOULD JUST KILL ME...... I have some stories on here all about Hawk, she was an amazing chicken, she hated to sit on eggs but when the other chickens like my silkies would hatch them out she would take over the raising... She was not the most patient chicken in the world...

34179_img_20110522_164054.jpg

That's her in the front, her baby but the one in the back hatched it out.. Hawk only sat on it for 2 weeks while the one in the back finished the job.. Once the baby was born, Hawk wanted to claim it...

Back
Top Bottom