Something killed all my chickens.

dianefbarfield

Chirping
Apr 15, 2022
I was gone for 2 hours today and got home to find all my chickens dead. Bite marks on the one who is currently alive but maybe not for long. They weren't eaten, just killed. One is missing. I'm devastated. I raised them from chicks. I thought our run was impervious to predators. Something climbed the fence, tore through the netting and killed.

So sorry. :hugs Where in the world are you? Bears, dogs, weasels, and the likes will kill for sport. Where were the wounds and bites? Do you have pictures of the chickens?

How is your one that is still alive? Can you send pictures? Maybe there is a chance of saving her. Hope you also find the.missing one.

We saw a fox this morning. We have coyotes, there was a bobcat sighted, there are dogs in the area. I'm just so sad thinking of them being so scared and killed one by one. The one that is alive has a bite mark on her back. I'm warming her, cleaned the wound, used pain killing antibiotic on it, giving her water. She is in shock.

Fox or bob cat are known to rip open and eat inners for most part.What info you gave my money on a dog.sorry for your loss.With all the preditors you name you need a electric fencing to protect your future fowl if you continue.

Back
Top Bottom