Something strange

olred

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 28, 2014
I am wanting to know if anyone can tell me what came inside of a egg I collected yesterday. I cracked it open and two yokes came out and a dark clump about the size of a marble came out also. I cut the ball open and it had the consistency of a gizzard I've asked a number of friends but no one had seen anything like it.

No, the "thing" was in the egg but not a part of the yolk or sack. I didn't quite know how best to describe it other than being the consistency of gizzard meat. The hen is in great health. Runs around like nothing is bothering her at all. All the "girls" eat the same feed ,but what they pickup on the property is anybody's guess. I've been raising chickens for 45yrs and have never seen this. A mystery to me.

Please help yesterday a moll nearly ate my rooster but it couldnt 2 days later I saw he lost on of his wattles will he be fine.

I have a 4 months old rooster and 4 months old pullet my mom said if I pull their back tail feathers off they will grow then I pulled there tail off now I am worring will they be all right.

Back
Top Bottom