Something that happend this halloween...

I see this as your Ants fault, but what do I know.

You do need to get Rudi's shots ASAP though.

Good luck.

Sarah, please refrain from posting swear insinuations and anything of the like. This thread has been cleaned up, but if it continues with this message, it will be shut down.

Carry on..

Jody

With so many posts of real good advice from real good caring people here, I'm sorry that your situation still sounds so hopeless. It's so sad.

SarahFair first of all take a really deep breath, then have a good cry... Now go get your pups their rabies vaccination (so at least that will be up to date)..Now as far as the Aunt ask yourself will she ever change? Can you change her? Can anything presently change what happened and make your aunt happy? (it sounds as if she is just a naturally unhappy person and always will be). I believe your answers will probably be no. I wouldnt communicate with her any longer other than a hello or such out of plain courtesy. I do believe this was her fault since she knew your dog was there and she did not restrain her dog or request that you contain yours when she arrived. It is a mess but sometimes you have to remove yourself as much as possible from the situation to be able to handle it better. It will get better just give it time. Good Luck and I hope all goes well.

Sarah, So very sorry to hear about your mom. Its very tough to lose a parent you're close with. I still miss my Dad and he's been gone for 16 years.
hugs.gif

I just wish you the best of luck in this situation with your dog and your family.

I was bit by my Dad's JRT and had to have stitches. It was reported to animal control and the dog was put under "house arrest" even though he was up-to-date on all his shots. The dog went kind of nuts for a while when my dad died - had a real chip on his shoulder and hated everybody. Finally calmed down, took a while though. My point is that animal bites that require medical attention get recorded. Lots of rules, laws about dog bites. - I just went to the hospital, they reported it to animal control.

My GSD sent another dog to the animal emergency while I had her at a boarding place - evidently a fight over a toy. They took total responsibility as they were the ones who had the dogs in their care. I never heard another thing about it.

I believe you would have already been contacted had it been an actual incident.

I hope things work out in your favor. Your dog sounds like a real sweety. Again, so very sorry about your mom.
hugs.gif

I guess I'm the only one suggesting that both parties are a bit to blame. Auntie is wacko for bringing another dog to a house that already has visiting canines but most dog owners believe that their dogs are not violent.

I admit it - I have a violent dog - he's an aged chihuahua-mix who bites anyone who comes to our door. Luckily he no longer has any teeth to do any damage (remember - he's old). With the immediate family he is the sweetest dog ever. He's our baby and spoiled rotten.

He replaced another chihuahua who was once accused of biting our neighbor's toddler. True, she came over to show her kids the bunnies in the backyard without asking us off and on. Whenever I saw her coming I put Andrew in the house - he HATED little kids. One day I didn't move quite fast enough and Andrew nipped at him. I looked but there wasn't even a red mark. I was shocked when a week or so later the sheriff knocked at our door to investigate a dog attack. She claimed that she had to take her child to the doctor for an infected dogbite.

Luckily, all the shots were up to date and I told the sheriff that I had a problem with her just 'dropping' by to play with our animals. The attack supposedly happened that day mentioned above so I knew it wasn't our dog. I told him that they had just bought the kids a pitbull puppy and she had complained that his teeth were like needles. If anything bit her baby, it was that puppy. They just didn't want to have it on record.

Because of that experience we no longer allow our dogs around strange people or animals. If someone brings a dog over to the house, ours are put up. Things can happen and they happen fast. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Back
Top Bottom