Something to Ponder...

Pics
It’s not a verse, but here’s a quote I enjoyed. “God made you one purpose, for a purpose” -Bill Hybels

I struggle with anxiety, depression, and some mental disorders, and I sometimes think that the world would be better without me, but luckily God and my amazing family help me through my issues.

I do my best to remember that He loves me and cares about me, and doesn’t want me to have these thoughts.
Glad God and your family helps you through. <3

@BesideStillWaters

Psalm 23:1–6

"God, You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You restore my soul. You lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me!
:love

Which translation is this? Just curious. I have verse one memorized as "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." 😊

:love

Which translation is this? Just curious. I have verse one memorized as "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." 😊
That's what I was trying to remember!!
Thanks so much for correcting me. 😊

My ability to recite verses is not what it should be. I'm grateful for this thread, @Lacy Duckwing. If it's ok, I'll stick around here.

My ability to recite verses is not what it should be. I'm grateful for this thread, @Lacy Duckwing. If it's ok, I'll stick around here.
It's perfectly ok! :hugs I'm happy that you're here! :D

Actually, you're not completely wrong. It just depends on which translation you are memorizing. 😁

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

This is the NIV. I thought I remembered reading "I lack nothing" once, so I searched for it. 😊 I usually memorize from the NKJV and NASB, but I like seeing how different others read.

Happy to have you around!

sorry but I have a shitty family that has raised me telling me that I'm a worthless piece of shit and will be nothing in this world
Jeremiah 31:3 KJV
The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Your family lied. God doesn't make crap! He loves you and has a marvelous plan for your life. There is only one YOU. That makes you very special indeed. :hugs:love

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16‭-‬17 ESV

Not sure what we're working on, this is the one I'm memorizing. The whole chapter is awesome!

I didn't say what my favorite verse was, and I don't think I have one. I have always read whole chapters and meditated on the message rather than a single passage. I tried memorizing a verse a day once but I failed miserably😂. It'll be good to memorize verses, thanks for this thread @Lacy Duckwing!

Back
Top Bottom