Something trying to get in my coop.

It could be a fox or skunk. They're both great diggers. I would bury that hardware cloth 6+inches deep and tightly around that pipe and the put some heavy, flat rocks on top so they can't be rolled off. You can use some 18ga bailing wire to 'sew' that harware cloth around the pipe and then twist it so everything is tight to the pipe. The way I have this pictured is the pipe is just in the way of the hardware cloth but the pipe itself isn't a pathway into the run. Correct? Pictures would help immensely.
Thanks for the tips. Great Advice. Will try and take some pictures tomorrow. I have seen a fox in my backyard before so that could definitely be the culprit. Thank you.

Yuck, is there anything that repels weasels.
Well not that I know of, just make sure you don't have any holes they can get through. I will go so far as to say no holes over 3/4 inches. If they keep trying to dig in I would get a hold of the game warden to see if they can trap it of if you are allowed to since it is trying to get at your chickens. There are set trapping seasons for your state I'm sure so check with them and explain whats going on

I'm assuming the pipe is sticking out of the ground and you cut a hole in the HC and slid it down the pipe?

If so. Take a pice of HC 16"+ high, and make a 6" bend along the length. Kinda like a "L". Put the 6" part on the ground, tight to the pipe and wrap the pipe tightly. You may need to make some relief cuts on the 6" part as you make the bend. Once it's tightly wrapped some tent stakes to anchor it and a couple hose clamps to hold it on to the pipe.

Back
Top Bottom