Something wrong with their eyes?

Haha! I am surprised they need coaxing. I bet that is the issue then. All of my ducks have been swimming since day three and have amazing feather quality because of it (or at least I like to think so). Whoever you acquired them from must not have introduced them to swimming.

They are SUPER cute!!!!
Absolutely right, the breeder had them in an insider brooder. They were due to go out the day we brought them home. Their brothers had been out a day earlier. There was no pool for them.
Our day old ducklings swam from day 3 too and love it! When they are out free ranging the often come back for a swim. They watch the little ones running away from their old kiddie pool like they are crazy 😂

Absolutely right, the breeder had them in an insider brooder. They were due to go out the day we brought them home. Their brothers had been out a day earlier. There was no pool for them.
Our day old ducklings swam from day 3 too and love it! When they are out free ranging the often come back for a swim. They watch the little ones running away from their old kiddie pool like they are crazy 😂
Well, then I'm so glad these babies are with you now! How fun to be able to see them swim for the first time!!!!

Well, then I'm so glad these babies are with you now! How fun to be able to see them swim for the first time!!!!

I should say there was a pool for them outside, just not inside! I realised the wording of made it sound like the boys didn't have one either but they did and the girls were getting out that same day to have their first swim.

Ours are getting less and less weary of us I'm so pleased!

Back
Top Bottom