Something wrong with vent?

Jul 1, 2021
Hi, My cream legbar hasn't layed in the 6 monthss that we've had her and she is supposedly around 1.5 years old. We can't figure out why she hasn't laid unless something is wrong. Here is a picture of her vent. Does anyone know if those black things are anything and/or if she has a healthy vent?

Attachments

• IMG_8491.JPG
    IMG_8491.JPG
    395.1 KB · Views: 9
To me that looks like poop, but I could be wrong. Have you tried adding calcium to her diet! And what is the climate like?

Edit: It's been a while since I've read my chicken books, so again I could be mistaken, but based on her vent she looks a little older than that. Can we get some other pictures?

To me that looks like poop, but I could be wrong. Have you tried adding calcium to her diet! And what is the climate like?

Edit: It's been a while since I've read my chicken books, so again I could be mistaken, but based on her vent she looks a little older than that. Can we get some other pictures?
hi! thank you for your response- what pictures would be helpful? more of the vent?

here she is

Attachments

• IMG_6669.JPG
    IMG_6669.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6884.JPG
    IMG_6884.JPG
    827.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6885.JPG
    IMG_6885.JPG
    697.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6886.JPG
    IMG_6886.JPG
    902.9 KB · Views: 3
Her comb certainly looks red and full enough to be in lay.
Vent looks OK, just poop there, I think.
Do you free range?
Check her pelvic points F-F as shown here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Good questions about what all and how exactly you are feeding......
...and:
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1637531202272.png

If you bought her from somewhere you where polly sold a spent layer no one sells good laying hens unless they are pullets

Back
Top Bottom