Something you wish had been invented in chicken keeping.

We all have something we wish was invented to make chicken keeping better, and I was wondering what yours were. I have to clean the shavings in my coop with a broom and a tub, sweeping out all the shavings. I then have to scrub the floor on my hands and knees, all because my family won't let me get a pitchfork! What are yours, I'm interested to find out!
Do you have a leaf blower thats what i use my husband laughs at me i especially use it on my quail pen to get the dust they are dusty birds

I wish there was some way to keep a hens back safe from overmating . Not her back as in the saddle area (we already use a mating saddle for that) but the back part of her wings that can’t be covered like that.
There are saddles with wing covers.

I also wish there was some way to stop hen pecking, I never catch anyone in the act of doing it but I’ve got a Mille fleur d’Uccle with almost no beard anymore and a rooster and his mother that don’t grow feathers in certain spots anymore because it’s been pecked so much.
Often space and diet will solve this problem.
Tho I have had EE's that calmly and fully pluck each others beards, they don't care, bare skin bothers the keepers more than the birds.

There are saddles with wing covers.

Often space and diet will solve this problem.
Tho I have had EE's that calmly and fully pluck each others beards, they don't care, bare skin bothers the keepers more than the birds.
I will have to look into those thanks for the heads up, and these birds are for show so yes it does definitely bother the keepers:lol:

Attachments

• B5393F7F-C618-4802-BEDA-434F815A9ED5.jpeg
    B5393F7F-C618-4802-BEDA-434F815A9ED5.jpeg
    836.4 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom