Somethings wrong with my chicks neck! Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cochinbantam-lover, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    My EE chicks are now about 8 weeks old or so and they have been doing well, I got them from MPC. I was just going to bring them outside to the coop. when I came to feed them last night one had her head bent down in front of her like under. I picked her up and her neck started like turning, i set her down and she like put it down again. I dipped her beak in some yogurt and she ate some I thinkI have never seen anything like this before. They were vac for Mareks. Please help me what do I do, she is with 5 others that aren't doing this. Today she is like just holding it down a little but she doesn't have it down like last night and she is like walking around. I have them on med starter and corncob bedding. Help PLEASE!

2. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    If you don't get replies here, try the EMERGENCIES thread.

3. cochinbantam-lover

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I havn't received any replies there at all. [​IMG] I wish someone would answer.

4. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    I'm sorry your little chick is having problems; I'm fairly new to chicks, but I've read on the forums about chicks with neck problems. Maybe this thread will help: Wry Neck

I hope your baby gets better soon.

5. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm looking for you. I am thinking that it is a vitamin E deficiency but I can't remember exactly. It is usually curable so don't give up

6. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

dlhunicorn.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=emergencies&action=display&num=1160928615

Go to this site. Gives a lot of good information. Just copy and paste it into your web browser. And it was vitamin E that I was thinking of. But check this out. It might be a lot of help for you.

7. cochinbantam-lover

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Thankyou all for the information, I appreciate it very much! It's one of my little EE pullets, the poor little girl! Last night after reading some of the info I gave her a few drops of infant PolyViSol no iron and put the Avia Charge 2000 in their water. Sure hope it helps!

8. SunnyChic

SunnyChic Keep The Sunny Side Up

Mar 7, 2009
    Please let us know how she's doing tomorrow. I hope she's ok.

9. cochinbantam-lover

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Thanks so much! I will

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by