Somethings wrong

Okay my Aunt Bee's right eye is shut and won't open, not swollen, just shut. And she sounds raspy. What say you? and what should I do? I have a very clean coop, and clean water and food.

Hi ,
You mentioned raspy I guess she sound like coughing?
Or gargling
Sounds more like a chronic respiratory Infection to me

Clean.her eye with saline solution & lukewarm water

Cayenne Pepper (1tsp to 1/2 gallon) in her water will help with the respiratory issue, however, is the eye leaking any fluids? I am not sure both are the same problem it could be 2 different things going on. Sometimes respiratory can go up into the neck and face but it would usually be both eyes. Do you use organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in the water. If not you can add this whenever you do a water change it is good to boost immunity.

okay yes now all my small flock have the respiratory gurgling :( and some are very docile now, no wanting to eat much, they want to sleep. I did the cyan and vinegar, made sure the coop is dry warm and ventilated. is it just a waiting game now? or is there something else I can do?

Cayenne Pepper (1tsp to 1/2 gallon) in her water will help with the respiratory issue, however, is the eye leaking any fluids? I am not sure both are the same problem it could be 2 different things going on. Sometimes respiratory can go up into the neck and face but it would usually be both eyes. Do you use organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in the water. If not you can add this whenever you do a water change it is good to boost immunity.
I think the eye thing was a new rooster in coop, however, now all my 7 birds have the respiratory issue

Yes you can also give them extra protein like hard boiling eggs and mix it with there food shell and all. Black pepper also works however the cayenne is like humans using vicks it will open up there airways. I think for the most part you are doing all that you can do. Just give it time like you said and keep an eye on them. Let us know if there doing better or worse and if you notice anything new.

Back
Top Bottom