Sometimes I wish I had a CPAP machine

Quote:
ahhhh....so it really IS a CRAP machine?!!!!
lau.gif

lol.png

Yeah. Really expensive crap machines at that.

Quote:
Hubby insisted I try his on once so I could better understand what he goes through each night. I did it to shut him up. There's no way I could wear that thing!
We call it his darth vadar mask.

My DH just went through the testing and the sleep disorder doc says that he has sleep apnea and should use the CPAP as well. He also refers to it as a Darth Vader mask and says there is no way that he could wear that thing and actually be able to sleep. He says that I just need to invest in a good pair of earplugs........
lol.png

Quote:
ahhhh....so it really IS a CRAP machine?!!!!
lau.gif

He suggested that I climb up on the headboard (where the CPAP machine is located) and aim towards the filter on the back of it. He's so very helpful.
roll.png

bet that would cure his apnea once and for all......

Quote:
LOL! I thought the same exact thing. I was wondering what in the world a crap machine might be, while also thinking "Hey! I might need one of those!".

Haa haa haa!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that read CRAP machine! I have many crap machines, they are in the brooder right next to my computer!!
gig.gif

Quote:
Angl, if your DH has sleep apnea and needs one, please PLEASE nag him until he gets one. It's more than just snoring, it's dangerous.
DH was having heart "episodes" - like a heart attack, but not. He went through a heart cath. and alot of other things, but they couldn't pin em down. Then shortly after he got his CPAP he had an episode during a nap when he wasn't wearing his mask. On the chance that it would help, he put on his oxygen mask, just the oxygen without the CPAP running and the episode instantly stopped.
Now he never goes to sleep for a nap or for the night without his O2 and the CPAP and he hasn't had another episode since.
Untreated sleep apnea greatly increases your risk of dying from a heart attack or stroke while you sleep. So nag! nag! nag!
You get used to the odd feeling and it becomes second nature.

Quote:
Angl, if your DH has sleep apnea and needs one, please PLEASE nag him until he gets one. It's more than just snoring, it's dangerous.
DH was having heart "episodes" - like a heart attack, but not. He went through a heart cath. and alot of other things, but they couldn't pin em down. Then shortly after he got his CPAP he had an episode during a nap when he wasn't wearing his mask. On the chance that it would help, he put on his oxygen mask, just the oxygen without the CPAP running and the episode instantly stopped.
Now he never goes to sleep for a nap or for the night without his O2 and the CPAP and he hasn't had another episode since.
Untreated sleep apnea greatly increases your risk of dying from a heart attack or stroke while you sleep. So nag! nag! nag!
You get used to the odd feeling and it becomes second nature.

I'll show him your post....he initially asked his heart doctor for a referral as he was concerned that his snoring was causing relationship problems - it isn't and wouldn't - we have been married 23 years and my love for him far outweighs his snoring. He is just concerned that this sleep disorder doctor is pushing the machine/mask for his own gain as our insurance would cover most/all of the machine from the sleep center but according to the doc, would not cover another experimental dental device that could be gotten from a dentist. When he went for the consultation, they pushed the mask...when he went for the overnight test, they pushed the mask....after the test, they (the receptionist who called to say he has sleep apnea) pushed the mask...his post test appointment with the doc is on March 1st so he is going to talk with him at that point. He just feels that if this were truly at crisis level, thus the mask being so heavily pushed, they would have wanted to see him as soon as they had the test results and not wait 3+ weeks to talk to him...if he does end up getting one, I am going to ask him to get a back-up machine also - for the black labrador who snores worse than he does, already has gas, and sleeps on my side of the bed........
hide.gif

Gritsar, not meaning to hijack your thread.......but, NGT ANGL, they're not kidding about the dangers of having sleep apnea and not using the CPAP. I worked with a young woman (mid 20's in age) who was diagnosed, got the machine, but then didn"t use it. She lay down one afternoon to take a nap and did not wake up. Left a three year old without his mama. Her family was told that was the cause of her death.

Quote:
Thank you blossom hen - You all are helping me build a strong case with these posts to show to my DH - hopefully it will help open his eyes to the real and present danger.

I also have Apnea. Darth Vader, Snorkel (cartoon character) and afew others my DH calls me. It got worse when I discovered a bone spur and the foot doc gave me this big ol BOOT to wear to bed! It's ridiculous!
But I had all sorts of little medical issues. My lack of concentration and memory loss bothered me the most. I could have a conversation with you and 2 minutes later not remember a word! I thought I already had my Mothers, and Gmothers Alzheimer starting. Finally I went to my Doc. All the headaches, memory loss, concentration, depression came from Sleep deprivation and lack of oxygen in my system.
I hated the mask at first and took me three diff ones before I found one that was comfortable (if that is possible!
hmm.png
) I have had it a year now. I still get excited when I wake up to tell family "I had a dream last night"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom