sometimes, I worry...

he says to tell you "after midwinter, we had a load of party balloons left over. And when my solicitor sent me a free pen in his first letter to me, I thought it suspicious. After thoroughly testing it for ink and clicker purposes, it seemed like a genuine gift. In return, to show my gratitude and appreciation of his 16p gift, I sent him one free unused party balloon. Also, in the letter which I wrote to him which was long winded and contained a few jokes to brighten his mood, I stated fully what the item was and also gave him 2 examples of use. Anyone who couldn't understand that it was a genuine joke which he would appreciate, then I suggest that we should all send our solicitor, dentist, whatever a balloon to lift their mood."

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
very true
smile.png

And the reason I say this, is because my DH never had a hysterical sense of humor, but we always had a good laugh about stuff together. When he got sick, and became disabled, his sense of humor went too, and out of all the things I miss, that is what I miss the most. Laughter is really the best medicine.

Quote:
This just cracks me up!....I love people who enjoy life! Hang on to him....you'll have a great time, I bet.
big_smile.png

oh we're together until we die... and yes, we do have a great time in between the stress he causes me ;-) (sometimes because of the stress he causes me!)

and where else would I find someone who thinks me putting up a 6 foot inflatable rhino in the garden is a good idea?
big_smile.png

Quote:
very true
smile.png

And the reason I say this, is because my DH never had a hysterical sense of humor, but we always had a good laugh about stuff together. When he got sick, and became disabled, his sense of humor went too, and out of all the things I miss, that is what I miss the most. Laughter is really the best medicine.

I'm so sorry
sad.png
one of my friends had something similar happen and she said the same. I know that's so hard on you
sad.png

update - he spoke to the solicitor today and was told that the balloon is well liked and still inflated and occasionally gets bashed around the office by whoever's desk it last landed on
smile.png

they're all enjoying it and are glad he sent it
lol.png

he cheered them all up

Back
Top Bottom