1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sonic Pest Chasers for Rodent (Mouse) Control??

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Coopa Cabana, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Does anyone have any experience using Sonic Pest Chasers? They say they are safe around humans, cats and dogs, but no mention of birds. The only "don't" on the package is for use around any rodents, such as hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, etc.

I'm wondering if they are safe for use around chickens, and also caged birds, as I have a Cockatiel in the house.

It says they emit high-frequency sound to repel rodents - sound pulsing 68 to 80 times a second at 100 dB.

Thanx!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. fishman65

fishman65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    flat rock
    the mice have no problem with it...ignore it totally...waste of cash...buy a trap...better results

3. Tigertrea

Tigertrea Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    LaSalle Ontario Canada
    ITA. When I moved to the house I'm in now it had been vacant for nearly 2yrs and was overrun with mice. Before we even moved in we bought some of the sonic mouse chasers. No effect on them at all. We set traps, sealed up the basement so they could not get to the main level and within 2 weeks we had no mice on the main level. We still get problems in the fall in the basement and addition (poorly built mudroom and storage room) even though we still have some sonic thingies plugged in in the basement still lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by