Soon to be on lockdown - anyone wanna join?

Mine had or has a bit of a smell to it also. I think it has to do with the higer humidity. It doesn't stink or anything but does have a semll to it. Do you see any eggs weeping? I have opened mine to remove the chicks and hatched egg shells it recovered the lost humidity quickly.

I dont see any weeping. And I agree, the smell doesnt stink but it does have an odor. I am just so nervous because this is my first hatch and it totally emptied my pockets
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

my first hatch of guinea eggs went ok but not what i had hoped for. Out of 18 eggs i got 9 happy noisy little pearl keets. 50% is not bad for my first ever hatch but i was hoping for a little better as the eggs were all from my guineas and were all fertile. But either way you look at it I have 9 new cute little noise makers. pics will be coming.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I wonder if thats why mine are so late! My temp was down as well and these were due the fifteenth. I think Im going to give them till next saturday if they dont smell, then im candeling, opening, and tossing.

Back
Top Bottom