1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sooo Sad

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jodiea60, Aug 29, 2011.

1. jodiea60

jodiea60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Arkansaw
    My chicks were suppose to ship today....I was gone during the day and when I got home I had a message and e-mail from the hatchery.....They apparently had a hatching problem!!! And won't have cochin Bantams for me but will replace them with more silkies or frizzles....I called as soon as I got the messages to tell them they could make the substitution....They are only open til 1pm this time of year...so I had to leave a message!!![​IMG] Now I suppose if they ship tomorrow they may not get here until Thursday and that is our first day of school!!! (I work at school) and have to be there at 7:45.....Don't know how this going to work:barnie:tongue

2. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    Sorry about the problem--just make sure you really want the substitute...if not wait for next hatch of the breed you want...I know it's hard..but if you need to wait...your chicks should be fine as long as they do not put them out in full sunshine. Hopefully post office will keep until u get home..I would call Post office and ask...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by