Soooo confused about municipal code UPDATE

I will look to the county office for the deed. I also wonder if it is worth my while to try to get a change in zoning restrictions. There are 5 cities within 20 miles that have recently made it legal to keep chickens (usually with a limit to flock size, or needing 80% of neighbors to sign statement agreeing with your flock, etc.). I just wonder if it would be a far stretch to get code changed. There is even a community college in our town that offers a class on raising chickens in your back yard. Seems kind of funny that you can't even do it in this city, but these classes are offered here.

Do I try for a variance first?

My chicks are in the basement for at least another 4-6 weeks, should I even bother with city code, or is that putting a bullseye on my head?

Is going outlaw a better option?

We are going to build our coop to code, just not get the permits since coops are not specified as allowed. Do I have this all backwards? I am normally by the book when it comes to laws, but this is just so silly.

If i were you, i would talk to some of those people who got their laws changed. The local attitude about things like that can be so specific to the area that i think it would be hard for someone who doesn't live where you do - to give that kind of advice. But there is wisdom in getting advice from those who have been sort of where you are.

Back
Top Bottom