1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Soooooooo. I think it is a Buff Brahma? Possibly a rooster. Any help is appreciated.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KingsChickens, Feb 6, 2013.

1. KingsChickens

KingsChickens New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    [​IMG]So this is Milly, or maybe we will have to change the name. I think it is a Buff Brahma. Big Pea kinda comb, feathered feat with 5 toes. Any help on if you think this is a rooster????? Or if I am wrong about the breed. thanks Jenn

2. bloonskiller911

bloonskiller911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2012
    Brookville, Indiana
    i don't know about the breed but it is definitely a rooster

3. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    Mixed breed rooster.

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Crest, walnut like comb, 5 toes and what looks to be very dark skin....he's a very pretty Silkie mix rooster!
    Nikki

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    It's color isn't buff, it's red. I'd agree silkie mix is much more likely than brahma.

6. aoccl

aoccl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2012
    Looks like i mille fluer x buff brahma and yes its a rooster

7. KingsChickens

KingsChickens New Egg

Feb 5, 2013
    Thanks everyone for your help, I was not completly sold on the Buff Brahma either, when I bought her or HE I should say, the feed store worker said "Ameraucana???" hahahhahahah I said " I don't think so". hahahahah He isn't crowing yet, and he is a funky kinda bird. We will have to wait and see if he will be nice to my Silkie Roosters or not. That will be a deciding factor of his future with us. thanks again, Jenn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by