Sorry - Apology from "Samarai Jenn" about the entire fake story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That bugged me too!!! But I didn't know why it bugged me so much at the time
somad.gif

Screen names: Tripler, Nursestaci(I think) Samurai Jenn, Captain Sam, carboncopyjenn, and I'm not sure what the 6th one was.

Linnea

And "Sam the Man"

I think what I have learned from this experience is what we can do to help the mods do their job. We can hit the report button when things don't add up.

I, too, had a head-shaking moment while reading the original thread. When "Jenn" said that she had returned from the ultrasound at 16 weeks (I might be remembering this date badly) and said the US tech had said the babies were the size of peanuts, I thought, no that's wrong. I lost my own baby at 15 1/2 weeks many years ago, and I remember that he was about 4 inches from head to bottom, much larger than a peanut.

I shrugged off the discrepancy because I don't like to revisit that time in my life. But now, I would hit the report button and tell the mods. These things may turn out to be nothing, or they might be a large scam like this one was.

Thanks again to the mods and Nifty, and beefy and the others whose "antennae" were up.

Thanks OrpingtonManor, I think we'll end on that note (and I'm not just saying that because you live by me
wink.png
)

The staff are very glad to see that everyone was able to discuss this situation openly and friendly. While we're sorry that it happened and that some people may have felt taken advantage of, we feel that we've actually become stronger as a family.

The BYC Staff will continue to work hard to do all we can to protect our wonderful community. We will keep this the best place to hang out with other chicken enthusiasts to get information and share our experiences.

We've decided that it is time to close this topic and move on to making 2009 the best year at BYC ever! Feel free to take discussions privately via PM or email, but we request that no more threads on this topic be started about this situation.

Thanks again for all your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom