SOS: How can I treat this

Ogechi Sanni

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2017
How do I treat this and kind of disease is this?
1519210096370206969112.jpg

How do I treat this and kind of disease is this?View attachment 1271556
Is this a meat bird?
I would say it's a respiratory disease. Mycoplasma and Infectious Bronchitis are fairly common. The watery/bubbly eyes, I would take a guess it's Mycoplasma, but can't know for sure without testing.
You can try treating with injectable Tylan50 - .20ml per 1pound of weight given 2-3times a day for 5days. This can be given orally or by injection - orally is usually better so you avoid injection site necrosis. http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Keep in mind that respiratory diseases are contagious. Birds that recover and those exposed are considered carriers.

There isn't any other symptom. She's a Cornish X. She's loooooves eating.
First thing in the morning, I'll go get meds to take care of it and also give the others since they might be potential carriers.
Thanks a lot guys.
God's blessings always

There isn't any other symptom. She's a Cornish X. She's loooooves eating.
First thing in the morning, I'll go get meds to take care of it and also give the others since they might be potential carriers.
Thanks a lot guys.
God's blessings always

Only treat birds that are sick and showing signs of illness (watery/bubbly eyes, coughing, sneezing, etc.) Antibiotics will not prevent birds from being carriers. If they are all housed together, then everyone has been exposed.

Back
Top Bottom