SOS!!! ISO Silver applyard ducklings 1-2 days old Shelby County, AL

Sammbalina

Songster
5 Years
Oct 1, 2018
Shelby County, AL
Bit of an emergency search. I have had a batch of shipped hatching eggs go poorly and seem to only have one hatching and I don’t want the poor thing to be by itself! I may be willing to take something else if I can’t find any silver Appleyards, but they are my chosen breed, so anything else I get will be raised as meat birds, I just hate for this little one to be all alone.

Located in Columbiana, AL, willing to drive up to an hour to pick up, I have a toddler so it’s harder to do much more, and I will have to be able to get them today or tomorrow as I work long shifts over the weekend.

Bit of an emergency search. I have had a batch of shipped hatching eggs go poorly and seem to only have one hatching and I don’t want the poor thing to be by itself! I may be willing to take something else if I can’t find any silver Appleyards, but they are my chosen breed, so anything else I get will be raised as meat birds, I just hate for this little one to be all alone.

Located in Columbiana, AL, willing to drive up to an hour to pick up, I have a toddler so it’s harder to do much more, and I will have to be able to get them today or tomorrow as I work long shifts over the weekend.
I'm sorry, I don't have any chicks for you, but I wanted to suggest posting this on a more local page on a different social media platform to get more attention (if you haven't already). Poor little chick. Hope you find it some siblings.

I'm sorry, I don't have any chicks for you, but I wanted to suggest posting this on a more local page on a different social media platform to get more attention (if you haven't already). Poor little chick. Hope you find it some siblings.
I did, I posted on local farm pages, the silver appleyard group I'm in and went to a local auction, heck I posted in the goose groups I'm part of too since we also have geese and I would have liked to add another bloodline to my starter flock. I ended up biting the bullet and went to tractor supply and got a couple of pekins (I think, they had them labeled as assorted but were solid yellow so I'm assuming) that will be raised for meat, but at least he's not alone anymore.

Back
Top Bottom