SOS! SOS! Joy, my Easter Egger is Girgeling, Listless What's Wrong???

kbroom

Songster
Jan 26, 2023
HELP! ANYONE!
My Easter Egger was making girgeling sounds this morning. I stay in front of her, not knowing what to do. They she walked on. I didn't know what to do or think. Hoping that she'd be OK, later. Then I found her in the egg laying box, nearly dead! Should I let her alone? Or should I see if she's swallowed something and try to open her beak? She's only 8 months old. Been laying eggs for the last two months? She's the only one I have that lays BLUE eggs! HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!!

HELP! MY EASTER EGGER JOY IS GIRGLELING LIKE SHE'S CHOKING??? She was making weird sounds this morning and I watched her, then she walked on. I was hoping that she would be OK. But now I've found her in the egg box still and quiet.She's still alive but it doesn't look good. Should I leave her alone or try to open her mouth to see if she's swallowed something???? HELP! HELP! HELP!!!!

Yes, I would look in her beak and throat. Look for anything obvious, any lesions or plaques, make sure you can see her tongue. If you can get a video of what she's doing and how she sounds it might help. Upload that to another host, like youtube, and put the link here and we'll be able to see it. Check her crop, see if it's empty, full, hard, soft & squishy, etc. Does she have any discharge from eyes, nares, beak, any bubbles in eyes, or any foul smell around the head? Is she pooping, and are they normal looking?

Thanks, Coach. You're not going to believe this, but I believe that I've just been given a gift. A miracle has occurred. After I prayed hard, I bent down to pick Joy up, to see if I could help her by checking if she had something stuck in her gullet. My heart had sunk to my stomach. As I started to do this, a previously listless bird just walked out of the egg box and proceeded to have a drink. Then, she moved to the feeding pan and started gobbling down tons of feed! I thanked God, then gave the whole gang some cottage cheese in celebration! Here are the happy picks! The first pic is of Joy. They're all kind of.....uh...fat, and healthy. She had just finished giving me a beautiful blue egg. It was on top of her sister's brown eggs. Sweetie (Rock Barr) loves to go bye bye. I have to watch her around cars. The last pic shows Joy chomping down on some cottage cheese with the rest of the flock. Thank you so much for caring!

Attachments

• IMG_5257 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5257 - Copy.JPG
    690.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5246.JPG
    IMG_5246.JPG
    553.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5261 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_5261 - Copy.JPG
    669.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5262.JPG
    IMG_5262.JPG
    623.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, Coach. You're not going to believe this, but I believe that I've just been given a gift. A miracle has occurred. After I prayed hard, I bent down to pick Joy up, to see if I could help her by checking if she had something stuck in her gullet. My heart had sunk to my stomach. As I started to do this, a previously listless bird just walked out of the egg box and proceeded to have a drink. Then, she moved to the feeding pan and started gobbling down tons of feed! I thanked God, then gave the whole gang some cottage cheese in celebration! Here are the happy picks! The first pic is of Joy. They're all kind of.....uh...fat, and healthy. She had just finished giving me a beautiful blue egg. It was on top of her sister's brown eggs. Sweetie (Rock Barr) loves to go bye bye. I have to watch her around cars. The last pic shows Joy chomping down on some cottage cheese with the rest of the flock. Thank you so much for caring!
That's great!

I'm glad all is well. She may have just been having a harder than usual time passing that egg. It happens sometimes, especially with a new layer. I would just keep an eye on her for a while, make sure she doesn't have any more issues. It could have just been a one time thing.

Back
Top Bottom