Sounds like it is MAREKS!! Leg's are turning blue.... Please help!!!

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
My little pullet that is almost 7 weeks old, was not using one leg yesterday, I thought perhaps it had been injured. I brought her in the house and have her in her own little pen with food & vitamin water. She is eating and drinking. However she just lays there. And now she cannot use either leg. I stand her up with both feed on the ground, and if I let go of her she just falls to the ground, and both legs are turning blue. Please someone tell me what I am dealing with, and if there is anything I can do to help her. This just makes me sooo sad!!!

Is it Mareks??

UPDATE: I posted on Dr. Brown's forum and he replied back that he is fairly certain that it is Mareks.
sad.png
I don't know what to do. I just want to cry!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
It almost sounds like she had a stroke and has lost the blood supply to her legs (if that's what you mean by turning blue). The stroke could have been in the abdominal aorta near the legs, not necessarily in the head. Not sure, just what it sounds like you're describing.

It's frustrating, she looks just fine, her coloring is good, except for her legs. She is eating, drinking, preening herself and even cooing. She is so sweet and so cute. I really hope that she will be ok!! I did post on Dr. Brown's site so hopefully he will have some advice for me.

Back
Top Bottom