Sounds more like a cross between a crow and a goose!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Shoonell, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Shoonell

Shoonell Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2008
    Utah
    We have a 3 month old SP plymouth rock pullet who does not sound like a typical chicken. She does not have the sweet little bawk-bawks or tweets like the other chickens we have. She sounds more like shes honking like a goose!!! Sounds terrible! Is this normal for that breed? She was our only plymouth rock pullet out of 10 chicks that we ordered (just our luck, we were after hens and eggs) Could something be wrong with her??

2. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    Our 3 month old Australorps sound like geese right now too. Their voices go through changes just like teenagers. [​IMG]

3. ashyannehand

ashyannehand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Wade, Mississippi
    I am so glad that sonmeone else asked this question. I have a chicken that sounds like a goose too! I was beginging to wonder if anything was wrong. I always get the best advice and answers to all of my questions.

[​IMG]

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Are you sure it is a female? My cockerals honk and squeak when learning to crow.

5. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    i asked the same question on 'chicken behaviour' thread... my araucana Gloria honks like a goose! we thought it was just ours that did this, but it seems from other answers its quite common. honk if you love chickens![​IMG]

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Stupid sounded like a rat dying in a trap! :eek:

7. Shoonell

Shoonell Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2008
    Utah
    Thanks to everyone who replied!!! It's nice to know that she is not the only honking chicken out there. She is definitely a pullet and a great little chicken at that!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by