Sounds more like a cross between a crow and a goose!!

Shoonell

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 22, 2008
Utah
We have a 3 month old SP plymouth rock pullet who does not sound like a typical chicken. She does not have the sweet little bawk-bawks or tweets like the other chickens we have. She sounds more like shes honking like a goose!!! Sounds terrible! Is this normal for that breed? She was our only plymouth rock pullet out of 10 chicks that we ordered (just our luck, we were after hens and eggs) Could something be wrong with her??

Our 3 month old Australorps sound like geese right now too. Their voices go through changes just like teenagers.
lol.png

I am so glad that sonmeone else asked this question. I have a chicken that sounds like a goose too! I was beginging to wonder if anything was wrong. I always get the best advice and answers to all of my questions.

woot.gif

i asked the same question on 'chicken behaviour' thread... my araucana Gloria honks like a goose! we thought it was just ours that did this, but it seems from other answers its quite common. honk if you love chickens!
big_smile.png

Thanks to everyone who replied!!! It's nice to know that she is not the only honking chicken out there. She is definitely a pullet and a great little chicken at that!!

Back
Top Bottom