Sour crop (again!) any advice for recurring ailment?

Pics
Nov 30, 2021
My sweet Squeaky has gone sour again. I feel like this might be an ongoing issue. She's a pet so I won't cull, but looking for help. She had gone sour before and I successfully treated (took two full weeks to see results, thank you all for your help) and she was back to her sweet, healthy self for all of 11 days and now she is swollen and gassy again :( Her crop is pendulous, and I haven't had success with a crop support staying on (help on that?) so I think it just will keep happening. Right now I have them on only chick crumble, soaked, (they're 18 weeks, using it til bag runs out which is soon) and I'm adding a capsule of probiotics sprinkled in, as well as turmeric. Now that she knows what the mizocole cream is, she can't be tricked into eating it. I have having a tough time getting her beak open to put in - any tips on that? Otherwise she is mostly herself but a little less active. I have been doing light massages and she seems happy afterwards. I want to isolate her again but I have covid at the moment and I am sleeping in the place where I can isolate her, so I need to wait til I"m not sleeping here in a few days (I can't sleep beside pooping chicken all night). I am hopeful she can recover but does anyone have tips and tricks for recurring sour crop? Your help really gave me guidance last time and I will repeat that whole process, just wondering if there's additional things I can do. Thank you in advance.

Back
Top Bottom