SOUR CROP - HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!!

Well, you have done right by separating her. Then you just need to stop feeding her anything and add apple cider vinegar to her water. A little bit of garlic will help also. Watch this:

P.S. I think the apple cider vinegar also helps with mucus and mucus might mean it is a respiratory disease.
I couldn’t access your links. How did you make the garlic water?

So I’ve determined this- I don’t believe this is sour crop after all. I noticed today that her crop had stayed mostly empty except for water. I believe she’s not really eating anything other than grass, and drinking a lot of water, which explains the soft crop. She’s standing around very still, laying down, and not moving much. I’ve noticed some weight loss as well. Any ideas now?

Feeding her some scrambled eggs right now so she’s eating something at least. I also just noticed a roundish lump right in front of/below her vent. I’ve not notice it before, it seems new. Is this an issue?

I made garlic water with one crushed glove per liter, or 4 per gallon
Thank you. I’m having no luck helping this turkey chick. I have been adding some chopped garlic to the eggs I’ve been feeding her. Two of the past 9 days her crop emptied but filled back up with liquid. She has been kept in a large kennel in the enclosure with her mom and brother but has access only to what I give her in the kennel. I’ve given monistat twice daily, added probiotics to her eggs (she didn’t like the yogurt on her eggs), I put electrolyte supplements in the water, and I’ve massaged her crop. I’m at a loss what else to do for her. Am I on the right track? Should she be responding by now or does it take this long? What am I missing???

Back
Top Bottom