Sour crop - it’s been 5 days

CircusRing

Songster
Jul 19, 2020
Pefferlaw Ontario
I have a hen with sour crop and vent gleet. We started to give her crop massages and canesten powder twice a day but she hasn’t improved much. I’m starting to really worry because her food intake has been nearly zero. We have been giving her acv water and even electrolyte water to make sure she stays hydrated. Her comb is dark. It will perk up a little throughout the day but in the morning her crop is full of sour liquid. I have also purged her crop each morning. After which she does jerky head movements like her gizzard isn’t working well. She settles after about 15 minutes though.

I guess my question is has anyone had a hen recover from being sick with sour crop this long?

I have a hen with sour crop and vent gleet. We started to give her crop massages and canesten powder twice a day but she hasn’t improved much. I’m starting to really worry because her food intake has been nearly zero. We have been giving her acv water and even electrolyte water to make sure she stays hydrated. Her comb is dark. It will perk up a little throughout the day but in the morning her crop is full of sour liquid. I have also purged her crop each morning. After which she does jerky head movements like her gizzard isn’t working well. She settles after about 15 minutes though.

I guess my question is has anyone had a hen recover from being sick with sour crop this long?
I heard that coconut oil can help with things like this

Back
Top Bottom