Sour crop?? (Poop and vent pics included)

ACV might help prevent sour crop. It will not treat it. Same for keifer. It restores good microbes to the digestive tract. It will not treat sour crop.

You need miconazole women's yeast cream to treat sour crop. I pry the beak open and squirt enough paste out of the tube to fill the hen's mouth, about a half to one teaspoon. Two times a day for seven days.

ACV might help prevent sour crop. It will not treat it. Same for keifer. It restores good microbes to the digestive tract. It will not treat sour crop.

You need miconazole women's yeast cream to treat sour crop. I pry the beak open and squirt enough paste out of the tube to fill the hen's mouth, about a half to one teaspoon. Two times a day for seven days.
Definitely will look for some of that. She’s lethargic today and sitting in her nest but still clucks when we get near her. Gave her a crop massage today but she began to throw up so I quickly turned her upside down as to make sure all the liquids came out safely and didn’t choke her. Then I gave her some more water and she seemed more interested now that her crop had been (mostly) emptied. Her crop still swells up like a balloon each morning and I’m afraid that nothing she eats is getting to her stomach; it All ends up getting regurgitated. How long can a hen go with little to no food? Is anything getting into her stomach or is she starving? She‘s only had a bit of grass and some watered down food.

If you don't treat the yeast infection, the hen will starve and die. Get the miconazole at any pharmacy that sells women's hygiene products.

We will start miconazole treatment tomorrow. As for tonight, her crop surprisingly shrank! It’s smaller and less “soupy”. Almost feels normal as if she just ate. She had the energy to preen her feathers a bit today and doesn’t spit up brown liquid upon trying to eat. We’re still making sure not to feed her too much though and the food she’s been getting is wetted. Mostly just relived that her crop is normal size for the time being, hopefully that means some of her food has been draining to her stomach. I gave her a massage before letting her rest for the night but but she got bored of it after a few minutes and walked off. :rolleyes: Hoping This isn’t just a temporary thing and she can continue to get better. I hate seeing her when she’s so sick.

Back
Top Bottom