Sour crop?

Update on the chick. It appears that it was a tumor that I removed from her crop. There seems to be another beginning to grow in her crop again so I am treating her with essential oils in an attempt to kill the tumor and prevent more. She's really thin but she's hungry and eating well, though I still limit her food to small frequent feedings. Hope the oils help.

woah, that is some nasty stuff
ep.gif
Great job Heather! Kudos on fixing the little bird!
woot.gif

I hope it isn't cancer but if it is the frankincence oil I am giving her should cure it. That particular oil has been used with great success to cure cancer in people, including my grandfather, so why not a chicken? She's such a sweet girl and only 6 weeks old now so I'm not giving up on her. The new lump I felt in her crop has already gone away.

Well, miss Jackie is gaining weight with no more signs of lumps. She's eating till she's full but not gorging herself so she is getting transitioned back to the coop with the rest of the girls this weekend. Don't think we have anything else to worry about. She's doing great!

Well, miss Jackie is gaining weight with no more signs of lumps. She's eating till she's full but not gorging herself so she is getting transitioned back to the coop with the rest of the girls this weekend. Don't think we have anything else to worry about. She's doing great!

Woot!

Back
Top Bottom