Sour crop

oshilo88

Songster
7 Years
Dec 5, 2015
Hi! I have a 6 weeks old chick. She has a sour crop. How do I help it please? Any advices? Thank you

Thank you
Sounds like sour crop. Does she smell sour from her beak?

Do NOT vomit her. I would get some sort of anti-fungal treatment. I have miconazle.

The original link was wrong...here is the treatment article. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Just a quick update. Thank you so much for your recommendation! She feels much more better! Eats, drinks normal. I was able to get that cream. And it helped. Thanks again!

Just a quick update. Thank you so much for your recommendation! She feels much more better! Eats, drinks normal. I was able to get that cream. And it helped. Thanks again!
Sounds like my hen when she had sour crop. You must have caught it quite early! Glad she is doing better.

I'm not 100% sure but it's making sounds when I touch a crop. And it's been like this for 2 days... I gave a chick a few syringe of water, no improvements. I don't know how to help it...it's not eating or drinking at all.
Does her crop empty in the morning? I would check that first. Manage her poop as well.

@Wyorp Rock could help you much more than I could.

Back
Top Bottom