Sour/impacted crop not improving

Better pic of poop

Attachments

• AE0ADF56-40C0-41CA-AEC0-1897EA50A1F0.jpeg
    AE0ADF56-40C0-41CA-AEC0-1897EA50A1F0.jpeg
    546.1 KB · Views: 17
Not noticeably smaller... she has been throwing up a lot today as she bends down to try to find food to eat. Small amounts, but all water.
She is in fact starving which is why she is eating everything but nothing goes down. Sorry to say it but it sounds like it’s time to cull and end the suffering. With no vet assistance you did what you could on your own.
I am speaking from experience here. Use caution if you choose to go Decapitation. A lot of nasty fluid will come out.

if you are going to cull i would still do the gravity thing by holding it downward so she can reguritate some of the fluid you massage toward the head worth a try to save her shes been trying too anyway

She is about the same. Crop goes down a little when she only gets a small amount of food in the morning and no food or water overnight, but still feels like a pretty large water balloon in the morning. She is still perky and active all day though and still having some poops throughout the day. I really don’t want to cull her, she is so young, but I definitely don’t want her to suffer either.

She is about the same. Crop goes down a little when she only gets a small amount of food in the morning and no food or water overnight, but still feels like a pretty large water balloon in the morning. She is still perky and active all day though and still having some poops throughout the day. I really don’t want to cull her, she is so young, but I definitely don’t want her to suffer either.
Question for you. Do you use straw and or hay? Did you just recently change it out?

Question for you. Do you use straw and or hay? Did you just recently change it out?
No straw or hay, large chunk pine shavings in their nesting boxes and natural dirt floor in their run. I rake out the run often, but we love in an old coal mining town where people used to bury their trash so stuff always comes up through the ground. I suspect she ate something from the ground that is refusing to pass somewhere in her digestive tract. I cannot feel anything in her crop, so I think it may have gotten further down.

How many days have you given the yeast cream - you're giving it 2X a day correct?
Have you considered worming her and treating for coccidiosis too?
She has had grit available?

How many days have you given the yeast cream - you're giving it 2X a day correct?
Have you considered worming her and treating for coccidiosis too?
She has had grit available?
I have been doing monistat 3x/day. I have not worked her or treated for cocci... no blood in her poop, no signs of worms. I could try to work her though. What should I use. I don’t want to give up on her yet.

Back
Top Bottom