Source for 2-gallon hanging plastic waterer?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bawkbawkbawk, Feb 4, 2015.

  1. bawkbawkbawk

    bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

    Such a simple thing, but can't seem to locate a plastic hanging two-gallon waterer to replace our old ones. They are the perfect size and design, brand name is Crown, model 119A but our feed store no longer carries them and they don't come up via Google search.

    The 3-gallon "Little Giant" ones on Amazon get negative reviews and are too big for our space, anyway.

    Does anyone know where I can find this item?

  2. bawkbawkbawk

    bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oops forgot to upload a pic of the one we have. This is what I'm looking for (minus the dust on top...[​IMG])

  3. Soylent Chick

    Soylent Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jan 6, 2015
    The good news: I found them!
    The bad news: They're sold online from Australia, New Zealand, and UK... probably not worth the shipping but I'll keep looking for a U.S. dealer.

    I'm still new to chicken keeping so could you explain what about the design that makes it stand out? (I do like the dome shape better than the common cone top.)
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  4. bawkbawkbawk

    bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

    Wow, thanks, Soylent Chick - you must have searched more thoroughly than I did. However, probably doesn't make sense to ship something all the way from Australia.

    They are a good size for our small (currently just 4 hens) flock and they fit well in the area beneath our coop counter. So we were hoping to find the same ones again. Just need to find a retailer in the states...
  5. mortie

    mortie Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 16, 2014
    The Frozen Tundra
    I'm pretty sure I have seen those at a store near me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by