South Carolina Farmer? If so join

Her she is

Attachments

• 6271485A-D68A-40A2-A8E5-C84BE5918223.jpeg
    6271485A-D68A-40A2-A8E5-C84BE5918223.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 1
Yay! More chicken people in South Carolina! We are in Anderson County and just started raising Buff Orpington Chickens. They are 18 wks and just started laying.

Super excited. Has anyone found a way to help them deal with the heat? In Arizona, I would just do shade, misters and a fan, but with the SC Humidity, a misting system would just be redundant. On the dairy farm that I grew up on in Vermont, we just had fans/extractors and other than milking, the cows were outside during the summer. I was thinking shallow pools (1" of water- shallow), with ice and fans.

Yay! More chicken people in South Carolina! We are in Anderson County and just started raising Buff Orpington Chickens. They are 18 wks and just started laying.

Super excited. Has anyone found a way to help them deal with the heat? In Arizona, I would just do shade, misters and a fan, but with the SC Humidity, a misting system would just be redundant. On the dairy farm that I grew up on in Vermont, we just had fans/extractors and other than milking, the cows were outside during the summer. I was thinking shallow pools (1" of water- shallow), with ice and fans.
Shade, ice blocks in a waterer and frozen water bottles to lean against is all I could think of to do.

Shade, ice blocks in a waterer and frozen water bottles to lean against is all I could think of to do.
Thank you, I think you are right and that will do the trick. Someone in Simpsonville raises Silver Fox meat rabbits and uses fans and ice blocks and the rabbits do well in the summer. :)

Back
Top Bottom