South Carolina

One picture from earlier today before I go get some work done in my yard, instead of the chicken run. More will follow later,
470e6497-7a0c-adf6.jpg

This Black Copper Maran was the last egg to hatch. I just love this picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just love how much everyone loves their chickens.

Amy I am amazed that you can just add 50 birds to your flock just like that! That is so great that you were able to help your friend rehome her chickens and get you more laying hens at the same time. Win win! I still dont have one laying hen or a coop even so this is all so new to me and just amazing!!!

I just love how much everyone loves their chickens.

Amy I am amazed that you can just add 50 birds to your flock just like that! That is so great that you were able to help your friend rehome her chickens and get you more laying hens at the same time. Win win! I still dont have one laying hen or a coop even so this is all so new to me and just amazing!!!

I have a well organized farm!
lau.gif
I can just add whatever, whenever!
gig.gif

I am kidding. I am not organized. I do understand logistics though and do not add stuff just on a whim. It needs to be practical and earn it's keep, for the most part. I still have a 6 year old EE hen that lays a few eggs a week and she has earned her right to live out her life here. However, there are plenty of roos that have not been needed so do not stay.
I find it sad to go to farms where there are an over abundance of unnecessary birds or other animals and then hear the owner complain about the situation. So I try to be practical and then when a great opportunity comes along I can go for it. And good thing, too. I just got another call this morning for 20 dz eggs. Geez! And I thought I had enough birds. Now I go scrambling again for more eggs every week. My website brings me tons of business. I am so lucky! Over worked but lucky!
wink.png

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see what has been happening. Glad John's mom is better and am really impressed with all the gorgeous chicken pics I am seeing!
I have been a slave to the chicken tractor all weekend. I am sore and sunburned.. But making awesome progress! I need to figure out how to upload pictures! The babies come some time the week of the 11th and I am going to try to stop by and get an older pullet next weekend when I am upstate anyway. Yay chickens!
Hope you all are well!
Tricia

it is easy. look at the box next to what looks like a film strip.

All you have to do is pick an age and a breed.

Hey everyone! Just checking in to see what has been happening. Glad John's mom is better and am really impressed with all the gorgeous chicken pics I am seeing!
I have been a slave to the chicken tractor all weekend. I am sore and sunburned.. But making awesome progress! I need to figure out how to upload pictures! The babies come some time the week of the 11th and I am going to try to stop by and get an older pullet next weekend when I am upstate anyway. Yay chickens!
Hope you all are well!
Tricia

Thanks y'all!!! Here's a pic of my tractor-in-progress. I am learning a TON, but it is allowing me to use power tools, which harkens back to my technical theatre days.. so I'm a happy girl. Sunburned and LOVING it. Well.. at least right now.. tomorrow, I may regret not wearing a sun hat. :)

Back
Top Bottom