South Carolina

Thanks to everyone commenting on my chickie pictures! I lost my LGD today (OK...she wasn't really a LGD but SHE thought she was) ...she was 14 years old and had a good life though! I will miss my little Sugar! Yes...she was a very small LGD...LOL But she sure had a big heart! Here she is guarding my chicks this past winter...LOL
So sorry to hear about your loss.

I picked up 3 orpington pullets from Mary Bell this morning. It just occurred to Lou Ann that, with our 7 little chicks, we now have 17 chickens. Granted, we are not keeping any of the newly hatched roos, but I think she still may have had a mini panic attack. We were not immune to chicken math after all.

I live in York, SC.
I have blue jersey giants, I was wondering if anyone had any hens for sale? I was thinking maybe 2 or 3. Preferably blue or blue splash. I have a blue/black hen and a splash rooster already.
Or if no one has any for sale, could you help point me in the right direction? I would get more of them from the place i got mine from, but i don't know how well they break up the inbreeding. So i would like something from outside the blood lines.

Thanks in advance.

I have about a doz fertile EE eggs (wh.Amer x RIR and wh.Amer x BR), if anyone wants them. I don't do the incubator thing and I don't have a broody hen to hatch them out. Free to good home!
I wish you were closer! I'd snatch them up in a second :) I just had a hen go broody yesterday.

I picked up 3 orpington pullets from Mary Bell this morning. It just occurred to Lou Ann that, with our 7 little chicks, we now have 17 chickens. Granted, we are not keeping any of the newly hatched roos, but I think she still may have had a mini panic attack. We were not immune to chicken math after all.
You were right down the road from me!
big_smile.png
I live about 5 minutes from Mary! She's such a sweetheart!

Thanks to everyone commenting on my chickie pictures! I lost my LGD today (OK...she wasn't really a LGD but SHE thought she was) ...she was 14 years old and had a good life though! I will miss my little Sugar! Yes...she was a very small LGD...LOL But she sure had a big heart! Here she is guarding my chicks this past winter...LOL
Oh Patsy my heart goes out to you. She was a cutie.

Had to post pics of my EE's So Far Loving the new Roo Prometheus the red is really coming out in his coloring
Oh got these pics just as they went to roost...They where not very happy with me and the flash.... ;-(

Mrs.Lyles(is super shy and hates to have her pic taken) Ghost well she may be here or not at any given time.

And Lacey...Great Girl my three young EE girls stay super close to each other...They are not part of the larger flock yet they sleep in the same coop but as soon as the door is open off they go... (still young and far to sweet)

I need to add some bright white and bearded ones to my flock...i think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom