South Carolina

You guys wish me luck! I am getting 5 more chickens this weekend. They are RIR hens and are ready to lay anytime now........I am going to get chicks sometime soon too. SO MUCH TO LEARN!!!! Any help is appreciated!
Good luck! Can't wait for the pictures!
wee.gif

Great minds think a like!!
yuckyuck.gif

Last edited:
BYC finally let me upload pics. Sorry for the pic overload but gotta catch up while everything is working.
big_smile.png

My new silkie breeding pen.

My DH spent a lot of the summer working on this and was working 6 and 7 days a week on his job. I did everything that I could to help. He has taught me a lot of carpenter skills but he did all the heavy work and a lot of the brain work that I could not figure out. I did the designing using ideas from the internet and Shorty Polston's breeding pens.

Separate pens high enough for me to reach in comfortably and a grow out pen on the floor.

My beautiful splash I got from B. Grubb. She has pink hair tape to control that gorgeous crest.

One of my blues that really needs a bath.

Blues and whites growing out

My self blue cream from Bat Cave Silkies. One of the girls just laid her first egg.
celebrate.gif

Self blue cream roo. He holds his wings better but he is frustrated since he can't get to the girls.

Self blue cream hen from Susanne/Huckleberry farm and my back up roo from Bat Cave Silkies.

Another section of the breeder pens with storage below

My sink and LOL junk storage right now. I will connect the water in the spring and will build cabinets for this area during the winter. Thankfully I have hot water in my honey house which is close enough to run to this sink. I drain the whole system for the winter.
Tip: Wash your show silkies in your husband's sink in your master bath and it is easy to get help with plumbing.
gig.gif

Pic from door.

Ohhhhh it looks amazing!!! I love it! The planning is impressive and it is a perfect set up!! I love that you will have water there too. That will make things easier. I kind of reminds me of a nursery/preschool set up which I guess it kind of is!!! Love the birds too!
BYC finally let me upload pics. Sorry for the pic overload but gotta catch up while everything is working.
big_smile.png

My DH spent a lot of the summer working on this and was working 6 and 7 days a week on his job. I did everything that I could to help. He has taught me a lot of carpenter skills but he did all the heavy work and a lot of the brain work that I could not figure out. I did the designing using ideas from the internet and Shorty Polston's breeding pens.

Separate pens high enough for me to reach in comfortably and a grow out pen on the floor.

My beautiful splash I got from B. Grubb. She has pink hair tape to control that gorgeous crest.

My self blue cream from Bat Cave Silkies. One of the girls just laid her first egg.
celebrate.gif

Self blue cream roo. He holds his wings better but he is frustrated since he can't get to the girls.

Self blue cream hen from Susanne/Huckleberry farm and my back up roo from Bat Cave Silkies.

My sink and LOL junk storage right now. I will connect the water in the spring and will build cabinets for this area during the winter. Thankfully I have hot water in my honey house which is close enough to run to this sink. I drain the whole system for the winter.
Tip: Wash your show silkies in your husband's sink in your master bath and it is easy to get help with plumbing.
gig.gif

Pic from door.

big_smile.png

celebrate.gif

gig.gif

Pic from door.
Mary, this is so nice! And you have some really beautiful Silkies!
love.gif

Oh, Mary! It is FANTASTIC! What a wonderful job you both did with all this. I am so green with envy! I love, love, love it!

Love your Porcelains! I have someone laying an egg in the grow up tractor that now has GROWN UP birds in it! LOL I need to sort them out to proper pens but think I will take a good many next Sat. to Clemson to sell and can maybe sort out what is left over. I am hoping it is the Porcelain pullet laying, though I don't have a roo for her, other than buff I got from Kimberly.
Of course, it could be my BLRW pullet. Or one of the bantam Cochins..... yeah, I need to sort birds.

Anyhow, I just adore your set up! You are going to totally enjoy it! And naturally, you have the most lovely of birds to work with and I am excited to see your babies next year!

What all are you taking to Clemson next Sat.? Please tell me you are showing about 6! LOL

Ohhhhh it looks amazing!!! I love it! The planning is impressive and it is a perfect set up!! I love that you will have water there too. That will make things easier. I kind of reminds me of a nursery/preschool set up which I guess it kind of is!!! Love the birds too!
Mary, This is awesome and I love your babies. I didn't know you had silkies! Where have i been/ duh! I am so jealous of your pen. Fantastic. I am proud for you.

Back
Top Bottom