South Carolina

RI Reds and Barred Rocks did just fine. Nov. 2 snow broke a record here in SC. We had 3" but it was gone by early afternoon.

We didnt get much snow where I'm at in Landrum (NC/SC border), saw some flurries mixed with rain. But wind...oh the wind rushing down off the mountain. I opened the pop door, and one by one all 8 of my girls were blown right off it! I only wish I had a video, they each got up, shook themselves and looked at me as only big fat butt Buff Orps can do, like why did you do that, whats the matter with you?
D.gif

Good morning SC, how did you handle the weekend snow? How did your chicks like it?

Mine did just fine. We had only a few flakes of snow here in Spartanburg and then cold rain.
As long as I keep the feeder from going empty, mine are happy with whatever and they laid
the same amount of eggs as usual.

Our did great no problems.

We did decide we are going to incubate a dozen of our eggs, we'll be looking at a Thanksgiving Day hatch...LOL
who ever is laying beside our Auracauna mix I never cath any of the others in the boxes...LOL
My hens are Partridge Plymouth Rock, SLWayndotte, & Heritage RIR
I am setting 4 of each of the eggs I am getting picked up the last couple days.
will be 3 blueish eggs being hatched.
Rooster is a BrahmaXSeabrightXAmeraucana mix

he is bantam sized the girls are LF
we'll see what hatches
263a.png

Thank you to the AABBC for a great show yesterday! They go all out with awards. Ribbons for every variety winner +, and trophies for the kiddos!
James did a great job with showmanship and we're continuing to learn about Bantams. We had a blast, thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom