South Carolina

Sorry for the acronym. Correct show quality or breeder quality. Happy Thanksgiving!

My use wouldn't be for show, not sure how the breeding would work unless I kept them isolated from my other hens to prevent cross fertilization. It's really just for backyard pets that give me some food. That being said, I guess it would depend on the cost of a BQ/SQ chicken that would just be a yard pet lol

If I didn't want a BQ/SQ pair, do you have other options?

How do you show chickens anyway? I have a 10 year old that may enjoy that but I know nothing of it.

My use wouldn't be for show, not sure how the breeding would work unless I kept them isolated from my other hens to prevent cross fertilization. It's really just for backyard pets that give me some food. That being said, I guess it would depend on the cost of a BQ/SQ chicken that would just be a yard pet lol

If I didn't want a BQ/SQ pair, do you have other options?

How do you show chickens anyway? I have a 10 year old that may enjoy that but I know nothing of it.

I could hatch a few chicks for you for just a few dollars. In fact I have a two Silkie hens sitting on eggs now. Silkie's make great pets and are decent layers. A lot of folks treat them like little fru fru dogs. Because they are so gentle they are great for youngsters to show. When my oldest daughter was just a lass she did the Clemson Extension pullet show. You start with day old chicks and raise them to maturity and pick five, I think, to enter into the competition. They're are judge on appearance and your child is judged on knowledge and care of their chickens. The chickens are then auctioned off and your child gets the proceeds. I go to shows occasionally but I don't show. There are several poultry clubs that hosts shows. Anderson has a bantam club and I think they have a junior division in shows. I just like pretty chickens. I've spent a little time and money getting decent bloodlines but we just enjoy the chickens.

I could hatch a few chicks for you for just a few dollars. In fact I have a two Silkie hens sitting on eggs now. Silkie's make great pets and are decent layers. A lot of folks treat them like little fru fru dogs. Because they are so gentle they are great for youngsters to show. When my oldest daughter was just a lass she did the Clemson Extension pullet show. You start with day old chicks and raise them to maturity and pick five, I think, to enter into the competition. They're are judge on appearance and your child is judged on knowledge and care of their chickens. The chickens are then auctioned off and your child gets the proceeds. I go to shows occasionally but I don't show. There are several poultry clubs that hosts shows. Anderson has a bantam club and I think they have a junior division in shows. I just like pretty chickens. I've spent a little time and money getting decent bloodlines but we just enjoy the chickens.

Can I get some pictures of yours? I think my husband wants to get some.

Can I get some pictures of yours? I think my husband wants to get some.

My husband and daughter said they'd love to have one in each of those colors lol

Yes, we'd like to get some babies. I can get you my personal contact info through messenger.

ISO hatching eggs!

I live in Holly Hill, so the closer the better, of course - since I'm trying to source some new eggs in time for the NYD hatch. I have an incubator coming that should be here by Tuesday. As long as it works properly and wasn't damaged in transit, I'm going to be setting eggs on Sunday the 11th. Does anyone have any of the following in the form of hatching eggs?

Turken/naked neck
French black copper marans
Swedish flower
White faced black spanish
Brabanter
Aracauna

I think I have the Ameracauna that I want sourced already. Send me a PM please if you have something on my list. I'm looking to pick up between Thursday-Saturday. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom