South Carolina

After EIGHT MONTHS of having chickens and on our second flock we finally got our first egg! Happy day!

PS - RedBugPoultry - It was our Dominique that laid first. I was surprised because she is two weeks younger than the Australorp and was showing fewer signs. The Australorp has full, bright red comb and wattle and has been singing an egg song for several weeks. Hopefully she's not far behind!

:D congrats :D

After EIGHT MONTHS of having chickens and on our second flock we finally got our first egg! Happy day!

PS - RedBugPoultry - It was our Dominique that laid first. I was surprised because she is two weeks younger than the Australorp and was showing fewer signs. The Australorp has full, bright red comb and wattle and has been singing an egg song for several weeks. Hopefully she's not far behind!

Congratualtions! That's a hard won egg!

This is wonderful to hear and you all look so happy! I am so very glad you got your first eggs and shared it with us--Aren't chickens wonderful! Wish you were closer we would get you a few more....
wee.gif

Does anyone in midlands or upstate or anywhere in between have Ameracauna pullets or Buff Orpingtons? I have just found out tonight that the 8 I ordered will not be available this weekend as promised. I am in Irmo but heading to upper Greenville County. Missie
Missie, I am just down the road from you out by Saluda. I will be watching this post too as we are looking for Orpingtons also.

Back
Top Bottom