South Carolina

LOL!!! I had planned on starting out with about 3-5 chickens....and maybe a rooster...I love them! My kitchen theme is chickens and roosters...mainly roosters though! I even named the ceramic roosters in my kitchen...my husband thinks I am a little nutty=-O

LOL!!! I had planned on starting out with about 3-5 chickens....and maybe a rooster...I love them! My kitchen theme is chickens and roosters...mainly roosters though! I even named the ceramic roosters in my kitchen...my husband thinks I am a little nutty=-O

It's all good!
big_smile.png
cool.png

Hi everyone! I'm from Lancaster, SC....I just joined BYC...hoping to learn more about raising chickens. I don't have any yet...still trying to convince my hubby to let me get some. I have several breeds in mind...but are there any breeds that I should avoid due to the SC heat and my inexperience? Thanks!!!
Hey Crazy Daisy....I couldn't talk my hubby into it so one day he came home and surprise they were just there magically they just followed me home one day. He was flustered at first but then settled right on in and helped me build the coop (because of course I couldn't possibly do it right by myself) LOL !!!

Hey Crazy Daisy....I couldn't talk my hubby into it so one day he came home and surprise they were just there magically they just followed me home one day. He was flustered at first but then settled right on in and helped me build the coop (because of course I couldn't possibly do it right by myself) LOL !!!

I wish I had that option...but my hubby is NOT the handyman type! LOL! Anything we get that has to be put together (computer desk, copier desk, elliptical machine etc...) I'M the one piecing it together! I think he'll give in eventually. I've been talking a lot about living a more "natural" lifestyle....eating less processed foods, avoiding GMO's, eating organic when possible, switching to almond milk instead of cows milk....and of course...eating FRESH eggs with NO hormones/antibiotics. I would also like to plant a garden but my yard is WAY too shady for one. Tried growing tomatoes but we just don't get enough sunlight in any one spot in the yard for growing veggies. On the positive side...the large oaks provide nice shade and keep things cooler in the summer. In the heat of summer, you can walk into my yard and feel the temps drop several degrees due to the trees. Although, I'm seriously wondering if we are even going to HAVE a summer this year! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom