South Carolina

Ok chicken buddies at 12:49pm there was a pip in a egg then at 1:03pm there was a cheep then at 2:14pm another egg pipped now they r cheep cheeping
wee.gif
If they would just go ahead and hatch and dry off then we could play with them. I would hug them squeeze them and call them George. Theres a big white George and little white George and a brown George......theres too many Georges
ya.gif
So maybe in the next few hours they will hatch and I can get some pics.

pop.gif
wee.gif
:weee
caf.gif

Eric I know you are beside yourself...now leave those georges alone! Go arrange the brooder for the thousandth time and cheep to the bator...keep us posted!

Can't wait to see pictures Eric!

Just got home from super fun trip to Nadine's chicken ranch. Fell in love with the chickens AND the LGD Great Pyrenees rescue (what a great dog!) And have enjoyed a delicious scrambled egg dinner (duck, my first!)

Thanks again!
Rachel

Nadine everyone is coming to see you this weekend..lol.

Eric any hatched yet? Can't you just picture him eyes glued to the bator right now?

Momma hen hatched only one egg. We have the baby in a rubbermaid tub with a 60 watt bulb. She is noisey....we gave her a dish cloth and a stuffed animal thinking she needs a buddy. I really dont think any more will hatch....Any ideas bigger watt bulb...... try and find a real buddy....or she is just a talker?
Thanks Tink

Nadine- U got the Best Little Chicken House in SC
lau.gif
Didn't Dolly Parton have a Movie called that....
lau.gif
All is well as long as the JG eggs are doing good! I'm so thankful you have lots of visitors!!!!!! Now you must get that beautiful splash Cochin to go broody with a handsome man!!!! And are you still gonna order Silver-laced Wyandottes? My dear dearler! lol

Eric-Congrats!! on the peeps and yes post pics!!!

I just love this thread and keeping up with all the chicken folks in SC!!!!!

My Head Hen and The Head Dog(Piper) She watches over the flock...really they have known her since their hatch so...they follow her around and if she barks they take cover....
66894_img00239-20110121-1637.jpg

the problem is..she barks at strangers not Hawks yet, but we are teaching!!! Oh and Piper goes into the coop to steal bread that is for the birds...her payment I guess....

Rachel, I am so glad you and your family made it over to see the chickens. I hope you all enjoyed the ducks eggs. I think they are the best!
love.gif

Jolie is a great dog. Ask Yancy! He loves her, too. But as you can see, the Moonchild loves animals!

Oh, and don't kill me Yancy....
hide.gif
....I just sold my Cochins to Snick! I am so sorry.
th.gif

But we still have the SLW and blue JG's.
celebrate.gif
AND I have pure blue Wyandottes coming, too. I have about 200 chicks and ducklings on order for this spring...plus what I might hatch. The buff Orps are starting to lay......
big_smile.png

I candled the eggs again last night (I have never candled eggs so much! LOL) and we have a few quitters but most are still going strong. All from my own birds that are in with them are growing well. I always hatch mine along with shipped eggs to make sure it isn't a 'bator thing.
Please don't be mad at me, Yancy. Maybe a bantam Cochin hen? Their legs are short but you still get the "hairy legs"!
lau.gif

Look how good Piper is with the chickens! She really looks like she is guarding them. And yes, bread is her treat for helping with them. Jolie was carrying around some bread while Rachel was here, too. Jolie insists she is guarding all the bread (in her stomach) so nothing will take it from the chickens. Like those pesky cats!

Hey, hey, hey! My girls are more upstanding than Dolly Parton's! Although I swear sometimes I think I would make more money if the roosters did pay me!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom