South Carolina

Double H Livestock * Phil Hiott 646 Joe Black Rd Pelzer, SC 29669
it is on Tuesday nights.
I'm going to make a note of that, too. I still have 4 extra roos I need to move out to make room for my new little Am roo that Patsy is holding for me. I had thought about taking them to Springfield flea market tomorrow, but I don't know - what do y'all think? Pelzer or Springfield?

Just joined and wanted to say 'hi' to my fellow SCers. I'm in the Greenville area and just starting to learn about chicken keeping. I've already learned so much from the tips, posts, links and sites of folks like WestKnollAmy and Davaroos
bow.gif

No chickens or gear yet but I'm very interested in an open air tractor coop, whole grain/no soy feed and portable fencing.

Guy

Last edited:
Howdy folks,

I'm new to the chicken world, 3 miles from town in Greenville, SC.  We got 4 hens about a month ago, that are now at about 17 weeks.  We are hoping they will start laying in the next month or so.  1 Buff Orpington, 1 Barred Rock, and 2 Australorps.

It has been a fun little journey so far, and this website has been a great resource.

Ben

Welcome to BYC and the SC group!

I'm going to make a note of that, too. I still have 4 extra roos I need to move out to make room for my new little Am roo that Patsy is holding for me. I had thought about taking them to Springfield flea market tomorrow, but I don't know - what do y'all think? Pelzer or Springfield?
susan they also have a sale in springfield the first and third saturday of the month.if you do not want to stay for the sale they will mail you your check

Quote:
Glad to hear the Guinea eggs hatched well for you. And you got a nice variety, too! I have had a hard time keeping the Guinea eggs here for me to hatch because I have had a waiting list and trying to fill it since they started laying in April. It has been great for them to feed themselves, though. I am thinking of adding a pen of mixed color pintos for next year if I can decide which breed of bird to down size. LOL

Catching up as usual! Just had time to read some between customers! But I love to read and try to keep up with everyone!

I have shut down the incubator already and really do not want to start it up again until fall. I just have not had a desire to hatch guineas like I have in the past years--probably because of raising all these chicks. I am doing well selling eggs though--probably better than keets.

Heidi, my keets are hatching from you. Not sure how many yet as I haven't had time to open the hatcher and check today but I saw 2 out last night. Totally adorable!!!
I am going to ahve to get time to get to Kris and Robert's so I can add some different bloodlines to this breeding pen, too. And see those beautiful chicks from Toby Napoleon and Minnie Pearl Bride! Oh, what names! We have made them bigger than the birds. LOL

Heidi, my keets are hatching from you. Not sure how many yet as I haven't had time to open the hatcher and check today but I saw 2 out last night. Totally adorable!!!
I am going to ahve to get time to get to Kris and Robert's so I can add some different bloodlines to this breeding pen, too. And see those beautiful chicks from Toby Napoleon and Minnie Pearl Bride! Oh, what names! We have made them bigger than the birds. LOL
Exciting news! Please keep me informed on how things are going with the hatch. I had something get 2 more guineas yesterday(both Royal Purples)--what ever it is it gets them by the leg and chews them pretty good. I have treated them but one lost a good deal of blood so I will have to see how it goes for him. I have never seen this before with the guineas--I am guessing raccoon. We were thinking our schnauzer was getting them when they got in her yard but I have watched her with them and she chases them but if they do not get out she stops and waits for them to run again. If she is out she ignores them altogether. I am really stumped with this one but I have noticed the guineas have stopped going up to the road and are staying close to the house this week.

susan they also have a sale in springfield the first and third saturday of the month.if you do not want to stay for the sale they will mail you your check
Thanks, Jack!

Do you ever go to that? I did sell off my extra roos this morning, but....I'm always looking. ;)

Last edited:
Considering going to Springfield... Can anyone sell? Where can I get more information? Is there a minimum number to sell? I would probably only have three Roos to sell (unless someone will take them off my hands first, hint hint!)

Back
Top Bottom