South Dakota here

frow.gif
Hello, South Dakotans!! My family and I are planning a trip out the The lovely South Dakota, and I was wondering if anyone knows some great hotels, attractions, restaurants, etc. THANKS!! And we r making the usual stops, Mount Rushmore, The corn palace, maybe Bear Country USA....

Sorry I have only been out there once to see the sites.
I know some cheap hotels in Rapid.
And make sure you see the needles over by Sylvan Lake.

Poultry Auction at the South Dakota state fair in Huron on Monday, Sept 6, 11AM

I'm sure there will be alot of Chickens, Bantams, Ducks, Geese, Turkeys.

Is anyone from BYC attending?

Bring your crates and cash, there is something for eveyone.

We will have in the auction:

Egyptian Geese
White Egyptian Geese
Buff Geese
Sebastopol Geese
Muscovies
Grey Call Ducks
Black East Indie duck
White Mallard
Rouens

Sumatras
Red Shouldered Yokohamas
BB Red Old English
Light Brown Dutch Bantams
Showgirls
Silkies
Japanese

Diamond Doves
Ringneck Doves
Parlor Tumblers

Anyone that is coming and looking for peafowl, pheasants, guineas or baby muscovies- let me know and I can meet you there with them.

Quote:
Hey pongoid. Hard to find chicken people in these parts isnt it? I see you mentioned Mobridge. Im kinda close by here in Dickinson. Been a while since ive been through Mobridge. I believe thats on hiway 12 just east of Lemon right? Anyway, if you get this message, please feel free to reply or PM me. Hard to find locals on these sites. I have a growing flock of chickens with big plans of breeding, hatching and selling fertile hatching eggs, chicks and pullets locally. Good market for pullets. We will see how it goes.

Sorry I moved to Seattle Washington where the chicken folk are going gangbusters....
I gave my chickens away to my sister in law. 2 died already.

But good to hear you got big plans

Excited to see so many others from South Dakota!

Chicken laws on are the line in my town, but I'm currently hatching my first batch of Jumbo Golden Coturnix. Trying to fight for chicken rights
smile.png
and if that goes well, then we'll be adding chickens in the future...hopefully next fall.

I'm just west of Sioux Falls.

Hello neighbors! I am about 2 hours north of Sioux Falls and will be looking for laying hens in spring. Does anyone know of a local place towards my way? Looking for around 10 Ameraucana hens.

Back
Top Bottom