South Dakota here

I currently live in Indiana but I moved here 3 years ago from SD. I grew up in Ipswich and after high school and college lived in Aberdeen until I moved here in 2008. I am an avid poultry keeper and am glad to see a South Dakota thread.

Hey everyone. I am new here. I live just south of Sioux Falls. Looking forward to getting to know a few more backyarders in my neck of the woods.

Hello, anyone else in South Dakota or neighbering states? I have 22 hens 9 leghorns, 4 Plymouth Rocks, and 9 Rhode Island Reds, and getting a few more chickens today or tomorrow, and babies on Wednesday. Have a Blessed day everyone.

Hello chickenranchwife,

We South Dakotans are pretty far and few between on BYC, but we are here. I have located a few and found some poultry hobbyists of our state on Facebook too.

What part of South Dakota are you in? Northern West River?

I'm in East River, near Brookings.

I know of a Hatchery in Volga too. Don't think they are on BYC. There is another gal over by Alexandria, SD who breeds Muscovies, Rouen and Saxony Ducks. I have a few ducks, laying hens and bantam chickens, myself.

Would love to work at getting a LIVELY thread going for all of us SDakotans again.

Hey everyone. I am new here. I live just south of Sioux Falls. Looking forward to getting to know a few more backyarders in my neck of the woods.

Hello, I'm up by Brookings. Bushnell to be exact. I am also a "backyarder" with ducks and chickens. Hoping to get some rabbits too. Will be at Earth Days at the Brookings Habitat ReStore, on April 21st demonstrating "chicken tractor" and homemade brooder.

Excited to see so many others from South Dakota!

Chicken laws on are the line in my town, but I'm currently hatching my first batch of Jumbo Golden Coturnix. Trying to fight for chicken rights
smile.png
and if that goes well, then we'll be adding chickens in the future...hopefully next fall.

I'm just west of Sioux Falls.

Awesome! Another East River BYC member! I'm up by Brookings. I have been hoping to find someone raising Quail or partridge as I'd like to get a few, but not hundreds as is required when you order from a hatchery. So do you sell individual birds?

Hello neighbors! I am about 2 hours north of Sioux Falls and will be looking for laying hens in spring. Does anyone know of a local place towards my way? Looking for around 10 Ameraucana hens.

VickiO, you in Estelline? I think we may have spoken already. You going to be at the Earth Day event in Brookings April 21st? Its being held at the Habitat ReStore and I know Dakota Rural Action, Bkgs Humane Society and other groups will be there. I'm be there with a chicken tractor (and some Aneraucana hens). I don't know how many, but those I am bringing will be "re-homed" as part of the process of promoting recycling, rehoming and reusing.

Anisah

Back
Top Bottom