Southeastern MA area: please take this snuggly disabled Bl. Copper Marans chick!

MA Mama

Songster
8 Years
Jan 21, 2012
MA
I just hatched a Black Copper Marans chick last night that has curly feet but also it appears that its leg needs splinting. It isn't a simple case of curly feet, for sure. I don't know have the time or the emotional energy to dedicated to nursing this baby, but I can't bear to cull it. I will cull if I have to, but I think it could be fixed if someone had the time to dedicate to it. Otherwise it is great - alert, friendly, wants to snuggle, bright-eyed and acts like a chick should. Please call me if you think you would want to put your time into this special little one. I am happy to answer all your questions to help you figure out if you want to do it or not.
508-685-6347

I am sorry and would take it but I live to far away!! Sorry!!
hit.gif

Thanks for your response. I am happy to say that Leggy got adopted by an incredible woman who has him WALKING! Unbelievable!
wee.gif

I am so VERY happy to hear this. We currently have 2 FBCM chicks in the 'chick hospital' which is also known as the kitchen. My teenager keeps threatening to cull them herself, they are quite loud.

I just hatched a Black Copper Marans chick last night that has curly feet but also it appears that its leg needs splinting. It isn't a simple case of curly feet, for sure. I don't know have the time or the emotional energy to dedicated to nursing this baby, but I can't bear to cull it. I will cull if I have to, but I think it could be fixed if someone had the time to dedicate to it. Otherwise it is great - alert, friendly, wants to snuggle, bright-eyed and acts like a chick should. Please call me if you think you would want to put your time into this special little one. I am happy to answer all your questions to help you figure out if you want to do it or not.
508-685-6347
So sorry, I just joined.
Do you still have the baby or did you find a home for it?

Back
Top Bottom