Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday!

froggiesheins

Crowing
10 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Jurupa Valley, CA
Hi all you Southern CA BYCers! We have a date and place to get together, "talk shop", show off, swap, have some fun/silly contests and generally just have some plain old FUN with our chickens and humans!
woot.gif

DATE: April 30th PLACE: Neil Snipes Park, corner of Fifth and Hamner, Norco CA. Start time: VERY GOOD QUESTION!? Lets say 11AM?
What to bring: Yourself, chickens, food & drink, chairs and/or table.
wee.gif

PLEASE RSVP froggiesheins so we can get a head count. Under 50 people no permit required. Park has restroom facilities and is chicken friendly! Spread the word.........

Look to this thread for more info as it becomes available.....
thumbsup.gif
Suggestions are ALWAYS welcome too.

i am going to be there for sure...

we should post up what we can bring or what we would want so we can trade/buy/sell them... yes..? no...?

well... i will have some young pullets and cockerels that i'm not going to use/keep... right now they're 4 or 5 weeks, i don't remember... some crele, some BBRED, some blue, and some came out rose combs somehow... they're my neighbors, but i don't know why the rosecomb came out... some are split to lavender... i'll know witch ones... also one red hen... she's a good layer and a good broody... but i need elbow room in my coop... i might be able to bring some OEGB eggs from my show quality stock... mille fleurs, lavenders, blues, porcelain, blue silver duckwing, and others i don't remember...

i'm looking for hatching eggs or pullets really... i want to build up my egg layers... looking for light sussex, silver laced wyandottes, easter eggers, columbian wyandottes, light bramhas, and std or bantam cochins... really looking for mille fleur cochins...

or put up and how much you would want... or what you can or might take... i'll post up pics as we get closer to the date... oh, and my friend is looking for a serama hen... any light colored hen really...

see you all there...

I might not be able to attend, but at the moment I have two game fowl hens (a sweater and a roundhead) that I'm hoping to trade for two pet quality type silkies. They're about 6 months old. Anyone interested? Some friends of mine who have never kept chickens were interested in the gamefowl (which I was given unexpectedly and do not wish to keep), but I feel that they should go with the breeds they originally wanted (silkies). These game hens seem a bit shy and flighty for inexperienced folks.

Back
Top Bottom