Southern CA Swap meet-up / Funday!

It was great to meet you all!!!!! I had fun and I am hoping we can have the meet up more often like once every other month. Thanks Sue!!!!! You did a great job on organize the meet-up.

By the way, who won the serama in the raffle?

i just walked in... there's a box next to me with 5 awesome new additions to my back yard flock... i want to thank alvin so much... it seemed that everyone took some of his gorgeous bantam cochins... i also love my lovey dovey... thanks sue... oh and patty for the free light sussex roo... i'll hit you up later this month for some pullets...

now i have to get started building more coops...
smile.png

Quote:
that was my friend dennis... he wanted to thank you so much for the generous donation... this is his first full grown rooster... he also got a great pair of cochins from alvin... so today, he officially became a chicken enthusiast... so on the way home, we went to a feed store and he got all his feed and everything for them... he never thought he would have a serama roo, but now he's hooked... LOL...

Quote:
that was my friend dennis... he wanted to thank you so much for the generous donation... this is his first full grown rooster... he also got a great pair of cochins from alvin... so today, he officially became a chicken enthusiast... so on the way home, we went to a feed store and he got all his feed and everything for them... he never thought he would have a serama roo, but now he's hooked... LOL...

Tell Dennis to find him a long legs hen, he will produce some SQ offspring like my wht roos. Both of them are brother and the mottled hen I gave to Sue is his sister. Fyi, don't feed him too much of the game bird food.....If the roos keeps his weight the way he is, Dennis can enter him to the June show. He has the type and the breast just a tad short on the legs. I am glad to hear Dennis enjoy his prize.

Last edited:
I know I"ll forget someone here, but here's my short list...

Froggie (Sue) Wow, what a meet. You did a HECK of a job organizing everything, it was the best I've ever been to! I couldn't believe how many birds, people, etc were there, and the raffle was so fun!! I've nominated you for a BYC award!! I hope others will do the same!!

Marr77 (Melinda) and AllAmericanChick (Renee) I"m so glad you carpooled with me, it would not have been nearly as fun driving solo. I thoroughly enjoyed having all of you with me today!! I hope all your new chickies are happy and doing well!

OCSeramas (Kate)- your birds were beyond gorgeous.... I didn't bring enough $$ with me to purchase any, but if I do get the breeding bug... I know who to contact, WOW!! Beauties! You have some of the most beautiful Seramas I've ever seen.

YB192004- Joey- your generosity today was seriously amazing. What you gave for the raffle, and what you gave to Sue, my gosh, WHAT A GUY.... I'm so glad I got to meet you, and see your amazing roosters. I look forward to seeing you in June for the Serama show! Maybe by then, I'll have my "little chicken" area more planned out, and can get your input on how to improve my flock!
wink.png

OnTheSpot (Patty)- I must say, I exercised amazing willpower today, and almost got away without buying a single chicken. I was extremely tempted by so many, but was trying SO HARD to be practical..... i.e. it needs to be the right age, or the right size to integrate with an existing group... It couldn't be a roo, because I have 4 already.... etc, etc.... I held back and held back... and then that bright light appeared!!! I saw those little white angels..... and they just grabbed me! Perfect!! Right size, right purpose, right sex,...I have a little trio of 4-6 week old LF, that will hang out together until they get big enough for the "Big Girl Coop". That little Light Sussex pullet I brought home fits in perfectly with them. She seemed a bit stressed, but now she's eating and perking up, so I'm taking that as a good sign!! I'm going to give her some extra TLC for the next few days. She is my Mothers' Day present .... Dh allowed me only ONE new chicken.... I really liked your coronation sussex, but for my purpose (backyard egg layers) I couldn't justify the extra cost, although I'm sure they are worth it!! They are so pretty!! I think my little (Mothers') "Daisy" will suit my purpose just fine.
big_smile.png
I'll keep you posted on her success. I want to grab her and snuggle her so badly right now... but I know I need to let her chill, and adjust....
idunno.gif

Trisha- your Runner Ducks and White Ameracaunas were amazing. If I was allowed another roo, those Ameracaunas would have been mine from minute one! I LOVED your ducks too. I just don't have a duck set up right now.

Mrs Smith: Speaking of ducks, I will seriously contemplate those Muscovies I do see ducks in my future...... one touch and I was sold... but again, alas...I struggle with the set up. When I build a coop/run, I want it to be great. I want my babies to have everything they need to be the happiest.

Hatching Fever (Jacob)- Its always nice to see you and your dad too! You have quite the menagerie now!! I look forward to pics of all your great silkies that you are breeding!! All of you in suburban settings would LOVE his set up!! I'm totally jealous!! You want to see a mini farm? Jacob has the killer set up, and all I have seen is the outside!!

Gumbii- It was GREAT meeting you!! Your lavender OEGB roo was GORGEOUS!! WOW!! I think he wins "first crow of the day" LOL. We should have had a prize for that!! I just don't know where I'm going with my OEGB right now, otherwise I might have purchased some of your lovely ladies today.

Chef Glen- I can't WAIT to try my coffee!! I'm very excited for some real coffee instead of Yuban! As much as I LOVE "real" coffee, I don't find an excuse to spoil myself that often......I'm sure after one sip... I'll be a regular customer!!

LaVonne- it was great seeing you! I forgot to ask you your source for "nipples". There is a BYC'er "Neil" than sent me some great info, but I haven't been in touch with him since. I am very interested in that watering system!

Nancy- YAY!! I've finally gotten to meet you!! I know we didn't get to talk much, but next time we'll at least know who each other are!

Cara- I was happy to see you there today. I can't wait for you to see your little roo again, he's so stinkin' cute!! And he's gotten so much friendlier. Little Venus is getting some feathers back in on her neck, and I'm hoping she'll be as cute as Froggies little black pullets soon
big_smile.png
Lord knows, Gordon (roo) LOVES her very often, so I can only hope she gets feathers again!! I feel like I need to add a few hens to that group to take the pressure off her, but I really need to decide where I'm going with all my bantams.

Sue, your efforts were well rewarded - everyone had a great time and what a great turn out despite the horrific wind! Wonderful job of planning and organizing and everything came together so well. We had an amazing time and it was nice to see all the birds and share stories and just talk chicken! We need to plan another one down the road.

Hope everyone got the word on the upcoming Serama shows on June 4h at Collier Park in Ramona. We are having two back-to-back shows with table top judging. Everyone is welcome. Anyone wishing to sell birds or crafts, please contact myself or Cara. We will be having a sale area, raffle table and BBQ.

I had a blast ! I have been home since with heating pads on my knees and feet and worth every bit of it. I just love chicken people. Best people in the earth. The wind was wild but sure did not effect our group any.

bow.gif
THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the wonderful words of praise! It sure did turn out great even with all that wind. I am sorry I couldn't visit more with you'all
sad.png
for some reason I kept getting tied up...hee hee.
Alittle talk about when to do this agian, and we will try for October after summer is gone.........How does that sound to you?!
yippiechickie.gif
BYCers are the BEST!!!!
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom