1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Southern California Quail Ranchers

Discussion in 'Quail' started by hosspak, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mrssmith84

mrssmith84 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2015
    wildomar california
    I've been searching everywhere for quail hatching eggs and stumbled across this post! Crazy thing is I'm in Wildomar! My incubator should be here Tuesday! I'm going to PM you!

2. TCFarm

TCFarm New Egg

Apr 21, 2014
    HI There,
    During your search did you happen upon anyone who sells eggs or day-olds in Ontario? I was just about to start a thread to ask.

3. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    I don't know of anyone in that area... but I do have week olds and tweens and eggs. let me know and I will PM you my text number.

4. Camp Julsby

Camp Julsby Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2013
    Crestline, Ca.
    I live in Crestline commute to Norco. So I am close to Ontario frequently. I have 3 week olds, 6week olds, a hatch due on the 26th, and I have fertile eggs. You may PM me as well. :)

5. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch and Hatchery;
    The breeding project is well underway and we have a large surplus of babies and 5 week old quails. So I'm looking for people who want quail babies, 5 week old birds, breeding quads or birds for processing...We have Pharaohs, Tibetans, Golden A&Ms, and Tuxedos.
    We have Pharaoh and Tibetan babies for $3 adults $5 each, Golden A&M babies $5 adults $8 each, Tuxedo babies $8 adults $10 each. As always, discounts for buying in numbers.
    Located in So. Cal. Lake Elsinore area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (photos borrowed from internet)

6. Camp Julsby

May 30, 2013
    Crestline, Ca.
    For those of you trying to raise your quail organically, can you please drop Scratch and Peck an email to let them know there is a market for Corn and Soy free Organic game bird feed? I know a few have already, but more is better.

Thank you, Julie :)

2 people like this.
  7. hosspak

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    From the Crazy H-Bar Ranch and Hatchery;
    The breeding project is well underway and we have a large surplus of babies and 5 week old quails. So I'm looking for people who want quail babies, 5 week old birds, breeding quads or birds for processing...We have Pharaohs, Tibetans, Golden A&Ms, and Tuxedos.
    We have Pharaoh and Tibetan babies for $3 adults $5 each, Golden A&M babies $5 adults $8 each, Tuxedo babies $8 adults $10 each. As always, discounts for buying in numbers.
    Located in So. Cal. Lake Elsinore area.

8. lairdkid

lairdkid Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2015
    I will take them all jest convince my wife to let me have some, any, all!!!

9. Camp Julsby

May 30, 2013
    Crestline, Ca.
    I wanted to share my little website I created for our quail here. We are predominantly a hobby breeder of Coturnix Quail. Hatching only what we are willing to put in the freezer, but I do sell fertile eggs, chicks, and started Quads when I have them. We have several color varieties of Coturnix Quail. At the moment my favorites are the Speckled Italians and Tuxedos.

All pictures on my site are taken by me, of our birds, and our set up.

http://julsby.wix.com/campjulsbycoturnix

Hope you enjoy!
    Julie[​IMG]

10. SilveradoCanMan

SilveradoCanMan Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2014
    Hi all, I'm in East Orange county in the foothills of the mountains! I just set my first batch of quail, and crossing my fingers! I got em online, I should have check on here first so I wouldn't have to stress about shipped eggs.

Anyways, just checking in, let me know if you find anything kinda local for organic feed :)

Also, does anyone local raise any valley quail? I've checked with F&G as far as the legality of that and they are really wishy washy with their answers. As far as I could tell, as long as the are captive we are ok to raise them?

I look forward to sharing my first hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by